Saturday, June 13, 2015

The New Covenant

What is the evidence of the Holy Spirit operating in my life?

Hebrews 8:9-11 (KJV)

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts:  and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord:  for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Once we accept the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and receive the Holy Spirit, God has a new covenant with us, an agreement; we are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and he will bring to remembrance all things that pertain to life and godliness.  God has written his word in our minds and hearts.

Are there any responsibilities that we, as partakers of the divine nature, have in maintaining this covenant?

Yes, the word of God tells us to do the following:

  • Renew our minds with the word of God
  • Mortify the deeds of the flesh
  • Set our affections on things above, and not of the world
What are some of the benefits of following these instructions?

  • Having the mind of Christ
  • Maturing in our faith
  • Seeing the new Jerusalem on earth as described in Revelations 21:2
Father, thank you for love, joy and peace dwelling in our hearts.  Thank you for teaching us the meaning of praise and worship in Jesus name, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment