- The Spirit Of Resilience - the ability to see failure as temporary and a necessary step to success.
- The Spirit Of Courage - the ability to transform one's fear into a motivator for action and change.
- The Spirit Of Patience - a belief in the potential of change and the ability to wait for it.
- The Spirit Of Compassion - a sensitivity to the worth of others.
- The Spirit Of Self-Value - a belief in one's importance to the world.
- The Spirit Of Self-Confidence - a trust in one's inherent abilities.
- The Spirit Of Perseverance - the ability never to give up or surrender to the context of a situation.
- The Spirit Of Strategic Thinking - the ability to plan rather than panic.
- The Spirit Of Time Management - the conscious application of time to goals.
- The Spirit Of High Tolerance For Diversity - a belief in the beauty and strength of variety.
- The Spirit Of Self-Competition - the practice of never comparing oneself to others but only with what one has been or done before.
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Building A Nation
Isaiah 61:1-6 (KJV)
1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings to the meek; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3 To appoint (assign) to them that mourn in Zion, to give to them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.
4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
5 And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
6 But you shall be named the Priests of the Lord: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: you shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall you boast yourselves.
In order to achieve the new Jerusalem on earth I must consult resources already developed by Dr. Myles Munroe. In the book The Spirit Of Leadership, he lists the following attitudes for leaders.
The Leader's Beattitudes
Father, we delight ourselves in the way, the truth, and the life of the new Jerusalem on earth in Jesus name, amen.