Monday, June 15, 2015

Developing My Community Of Faith

2 Peter 1:3 - 9 (KJV)


3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness love.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, the make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Because I believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and have received the Holy Spirit my training includes adding these companions to my faith:  good character (virtue), spiritual understanding (knowledge), alert discipline (self control), passionate patience (perseverance), reverent wonder (godliness), warm friendliness (sociability), and generous love. I do not completely evict the old neighbors of doubt, fear, anxiety and depression, but I can allow the new companions to have a greater influence so that new life flows daily.  I see the new Jerusalem on earth, and as Jesus Christ is in heaven, so am I on earth.

How do I apply this word to my life?
  • loving God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength
  • submitting my will to God's will
  • giving God what is required, not comfortable
  • serving and sacrificing with a pleasing attitude
  • practice, practice, practice

What do I want to achieve with this scripture?

I want to bear the image and likeness of Jesus Christ, and to be a productive, contributing citizen of the kingdom of God.





Father, thank you for your divine new life. Thank you for teaching me to worship and give by faith in Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment